LOS ANGELES — The variety of vacationers through the Thanksgiving vacation is anticipated to be close to prepandemic ranges, however public well being officers are urging individuals to take precautions as the danger of coronavirus transmission remains to be a risk — particularly for individuals who are unvaccinated.
L.A. County Public Well being Director Barbara Ferrer on Thursday reminded residents to “handle (their) Thanksgivings with lots of care” so as to stop an uptick in instances.
“We will take some fundamental security precautions to attempt to make it possible for the actions we do at Thanksgiving do not lead us to have a very unhealthy time over the winter holidays as a result of individuals are hospitalized, actually sick, in quarantine or in isolation,” she stated.
Listed below are some Thanksgiving security ideas from the federal Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention and the L.A. County Division of Public Well being:
• Delay journey till you might be totally vaccinated.
• Examine your vacation spot’s COVID-19 state of affairs earlier than touring. State, native and territorial governments could have journey restrictions in place.
• Carrying a masks over your nostril and mouth is required in indoor areas of public transportation (together with airplanes) and indoors in U.S. transportation hubs (together with airports).
• Don’t journey when you have been uncovered to the coronavirus, you might be sick otherwise you check optimistic.
• If you’re not totally vaccinated and should journey, get examined each earlier than and after your journey.
Keep away from
• Closed areas with poor airflow.
• Crowded locations the place there are numerous individuals from completely different households.
• Shut-contact settings, particularly the place individuals are speaking or laughing shut collectively.
Thanksgiving Day ideas
• If you’re sick, have signs or have examined optimistic for COVID-19, avoid others.
• Get a COVID-19 check earlier than becoming a member of others.
• Put on face masks when gathering indoors with individuals not out of your family, besides when consuming and consuming. Deliver a masks to put on outdoors if the gathering is crowded, particularly with people who find themselves unvaccinated or are at elevated threat of extreme illness.
• Hold your distance whereas consuming, except everyone seems to be totally vaccinated. Set the tables so that folks sit with others from the identical family the place potential and supply distance between non-household members.
• Hold your arms clear.